The use of the term "personal information" in this privacy statement means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
The Western Australian Department of Training and Workforce Development (the Department) does not attempt to collect personal information about you when you visit this website. You can visit this website without revealing personal information, unless you choose to provide it — for example; if you use our online form to make an enquiry and opt to provide your contact details so that we can respond. The information collected by the Department is dependent upon the actions undertaken when visiting the website.
Collection of personal information
Your email address will only be recorded if you choose to provide it when contacting us; for example, when submitting an online enquiry form. If provided, it will be used only for the purpose for which you have provided it and:
- will not be added to a mailing list, unless explicitly stated;
- will not be used for any other purpose; and
- will not be disclosed unless this is required for the purpose of responding to your enquiry.
If you are asked for any other personal information you will be informed how it will be used, if you choose to give it.
Your personal information will not be forwarded or shared with any third parties; except in the case where this is required in order to respond to your enquiry.
Links to external websites
Site visit data
The Department records each visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the user's server address;
- the user's top-level domain name (eg .gov, .com, .au, .nz etc);
- the type of browser used to access the site;
- the date and time the user accessed the site;
- the pages accessed and the files downloaded; and
- the referring website.
This information assists us to understand how the website is used, and helps to keep improving information quality. It does not include any personally identifiable information. The Department will make no attempt to identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law.